Which Type Of Hearing Aid
Will Work For You?
Good news! Hearing aid technology is rapidly advancing. There are many types of hearing aids available — from completely invisible aids that rest in the ear canal, to hearing devices custom-molded to fit in your ear, to the familiar behind-the-ear hearing devices. There are even hearing aids that stream phone calls and music wirelessly from your smartphone and assistive devices for special hearing needs.
Hearing aids can’t restore your hearing, but they can amplify sounds to help improve your hearing and treat hearing loss. Studies have shown that by treating hearing loss, the risk of depression, anxiety, and dementia is lessened! By being able to hear the world, and to use your brain properly to hear with the right amplification, hearing care is health care and can make a difference to your social life, mental health, and overall health!
We work with most major hearing manufacturers and offer all types of styles. Come in and talk to us — we’ll explain the types of hearing aids available and which are best suited to your hearing needs. Our goal is to help you on your hearing journey, and use best medical practices, to find the correct hearing aid for your hearing prescription, lifestyle, and budget.
How Hearing Aids Work
Most hearing aids are digital. With small microphones, digital hearing aids collect sounds from the environment. Hearing aids also contain a tiny computer chip with an amplifier that has a big job to do: convert sound into digital code.
The chip also analyzes and adjusts the sound based on your hearing loss, listening needs and the level of the sounds around you. The amplified signals are then converted back into sound waves and delivered to your ears through speakers.
There’s a reason digital hearing aids account for most hearing aids sold today. The quality of sound is amazing. Once you try a pair, you’ll see why they’re often the best choice.
Hearing aids vary by price, size and special features. The right choice for you also depends on your hearing needs and your lifestyle. The best way to select the right one is to get guidance from your local hearing experts. Call us today, and let’s talk.
Digital Hearing Aid Features
- Dual microphones allow you to hear better in noisy situations. Some can even identify the source of the noise and reduce it!
- Open technology that keeps the ear canal unobstructed eliminates that “talking in a barrel” effect.
- Feedback cancellation does just that — it cancels feedback before you hear it as an annoying whistle.
- Hands-free technology automatically adjusts to your listening environment, whether you are on the phone, in a crowd or in a windy area.
- Your digital hearing aid can be programmed with a computer to meet your individualized needs.
- Wireless technology allows you to hear your cell phone, television and home phone in stereo, directly through your hearing aids!