Did your dog use your hearing aid as a chew toy? Does your hearing aid have a simple malfunction? We’ve got your hearing aid repair covered!
Just like a phone or computer, hearing aids are sophisticated devices! They provide years of benefit when cared for properly. But because of their everyday use, it can’t be helped that they are also susceptible damages. Even with every precaution taken, there are elements along with other variables that will destroy it.
Here are a few simple reminders about caring for your hearing aids if you do run into a problem:
- Never attempt to repair your hearing aids yourself. While do-it-yourself projects may save you money, they usually cause more damage than good to your hearing technology. If you run into a situation where you need a repair, report the problem immediately to your local provider’s office.
- Never wear your hearing instruments in the shower or while swimming.
- If your hearing instruments do get wet, never try any “quick drying” methods such as microwaves, hair dryers, or ovens. Consult with your provider if your instruments are inoperable due to moisture.
- Always place hearing instruments in a safe place out of reach of pets or children.
- If your hearing instruments sound distorted or unclear, they may be in need of repair and you should consult with your provider immediately.
- Visit your provider at least twice a year for follow-up care and routine service. Hearing loss is dynamic, we recommend that you having your hearing tested at least once a year to make sure you are receiving the maximum benefit from your hearing instruments.
(Related article: The Importance of Follow-Up Care With Hearing Aids)
Hearing Aid Repair
If you experience issues with your hearing instruments during your warranty period, simply bring them to our office. In many cases, we’re able to fix the issue and find an immediate solution which saves you time and money.
If your hearing aids are experiencing a more complex problem, we may need to send them to the repair lab. We know how hearing aids have become such an essential part of your life. And we definitely understand that even going a day without them can be disappointing and frustrating. That is why we work with our hearing aid factory for repairs. Like us, they prioritize and realize the value of quick turn-around time.
Costs and Warranties
These factors need to be considered to determine if your hearing aid is still under warranty: 1.) the extent of damage to the hearing aid, and 2.) the cost of replacement parts for you hearing aid.
If you purchased your hearing aids from us and they are still under warranty, your hearing aid repair cost will most likely be very small, or maybe even free! Old, or out-of-warranty, hearing aids may have a repair cost associated with them which depends on whether or not their broken parts can be repaired or replaced.
What happens if you didn’t purchase your hearing aids from us? We are committed to better hearing regardless of who you purchased your hearing aids from. That being said, we provide hearing aid repair for major brands such as Audibel, Phonak, GN Resound, Siemens, Miracle Ear, Costco Kirkland, Unitron, Oticon and many more.
If you have a pair of hearing aids sitting in your desk drawer that have been broken for quite some time. Or if you have hearing aids that you think may not be working like it used to, contact us today! We’ll to help evaluate your options. Your hearing is our number one priority!