It’s not difficult to imagine the negative impact hearing loss can have on your life. In this article, we’re going to show you the amazing benefits of better hearing.
Hearing loss is not only about having difficulty communicating with others. It’s also associated with the following:
- Falls (even a mild hearing loss makes you 3 times more likely to have a history of falling.
- Brain reorganization (areas of the brain that process vision and touch take over areas where hearing is normally processed, especially when there is little or no stimulation.)
- Brain shrinkage
- Social isolation
- Cognitive decline (cognitive abilities in those with hearing loss declined 30-40% faster than those with normal hearing based on a study by Dr. Frank Lin.)
- Diabetes (hearing loss is twice as likely in those with hearing loss.)
- Tinnitus (90% of those with tinnitus have hearing loss.)
Treating your hearing loss will positively influence practically every aspect of your life.
Benefits of better hearing:
- Older adults who wear hearing aids have been found to have better emotional and social well-being, and greater longevity (Appolonio et al., 1996; Cacciatore et al., 1999)
- Reduced rate of decline on scores of cognitive screening test which was done over a 6 month period following intervention with hearing aids (Allen et al., 2003)
- Using hearing aids reduced the risk of income loss by 90-100% (BetterHearing.org)
- Relieve stress
- Help reduce the perception of tinnitus
- Strengthen relationships (happy wife, happy life!)